Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 May 2011

KING MAGAZINE interview - Amber Rose says Wiz Khalifa is not a downgrade from Kanye West





Amber Rose’s interview on KING magazine has recently created alot of buzz on the web sphere. Writers are claiming she was purposely trying to diss Kanye when she was asked about her relationship with Wiz Khalifa.

Most, if not all, of the articles responding to this interview have tried to negatively spin the interview in order to create buzz for their own websites.
Many are going as far as altering what she has said by removing part of the real wording.

The quote being used by bloggers says:

“You know when people say how do you go from Kanye to Wiz Khalifa, that’s a downgrade. But the only question I can ask them is: have you ever dated Kanye? Because I have, and believe me, I did not downgrade at all. Not in any aspect, at all.”

But they manipulatively chose to leave the FIRST sentence out.
The REAL QUOTE is:

“There’s no comparison in personalities. You know when people say how do you go from Kanye to Wiz Khalifa, that’s a downgrade. But the only question I can ask them is: have you ever dated Kanye? Because I have, and believe me, I did not downgrade at all. Not in any aspect, at all.”

Whoever is trying to negatively judge her based on the shorter quote is WRONG.
She’s not referring to money, album sales, fashion sense, or anything superficial. She’s talking about personality. PERSONALITY! She's also not saying Wiz is an upgrade. She clearly said there is no comparison. She said they're different, meaning one is not an upgrade or downgrade of another. Simply said, she was trying to kill any comments that compare her ex with her current beau.

Anyway, After searching for a bit on-line I was only able find ONE article that properly explains the interview. In a blog named JR, The Black Entertainment Guide there is an article titled Amber Rose defends being with Wiz Khalifa. I like this article because the writer notes Amber’s appreciation for true love. I think he's taken the right approach.


After Analyzing the KING Magazine interview myself, and reading that article I come to a similar conclusion. Amber Rose was not trying to insult Kanye West. She was merely just showing appreciation for her new boyfriend.

Most people think Wiz is an a downgrade because he doesn’t have the upperhand professionally through popularity, sales and money. But to Amber Rose there are more important things than that. Wiz Khalifa is more valuable to Amber Rose because of his PERSONALITY and the genuine affection that he shows her. That's all she meant to say.

Personally, in terms of their relationship, I hate the fact that Kanye West tried to through blows at Amber with his last album A Beautiful Dark Fantasy after the break-up. From the antics he displays, it seems to me he doesn’t know how to give a woman proper respect, love and consideration.
I think his response to the breakup shows in part how he treated Amber, his self-centered views of relationships, and that he only saw Amber as a toy and arm piece. Women deserve more than a man who is attracted to her. Amber has a right to be treated better than that! She may be beautiful and attractive but she is a also a person with a heart and has a right to be treated as more than a piece of meat.

If I had to chose who would be the better BOYFRIEND - I'd chose Wiz.
Amber is right, Wiz is not a downgrade because in terms of love and intimacy in a relationship he comes correct. A a girl deserves better than a man who puts his ego above love and respect.

Considering Kanye West's last album cover, the title and the Chris Rock skit I can see that Kanye displays contempt, self-victimization and ego-centricity.
Wiz on the otherhand is always being positive and humble. He has ALSO already made a major display of appreciation by gettin Amber's name tattoed on his hand.

In my books, that isn't a downgrade either!

I'm happy Amber defends her boyfriend and true love.


Check out the original excerpt from KING Magazine on http://www.king-mag.com/online/?p=12862

No comments:

Post a Comment